Thursday, July 5, 2007

What Matterly has been up to

So we've only put one post since we've been married. Most recently we went on a cruise to Catalina and Ensenada. These are some of the pictures we took on the cruise. While in Catalina we kyaked and snorkeled. It wasn't the warmest activity, but pretty fun. Matt lost a contact lens while in the ocean. We hurried back to the boat to change and come back to Catalina for some food and sightseeing in the town of Avalon. The first two pictures are from our second visit. We made it back on the ship and set off to Ensenada.


So, Ensenada is in Mexico. What's Mexico known for? Luchadors! So what else should one get while in a touristy Mexican port, but your very own luchador mask. And not just any mask, but a Nacho Libre mask. This is Kimberly with an albino luchador masquerading as Nacho.

We went on Carnival and on the ship Paradise. This is us in the atrium. We got a soda card where we could get all the soda we wanted while on the ship. Kimberly made up a special concoction with diet sprite, cherry juice and a lime... only to find out she re-invented a Shirley Temple.
Apparently Picasa only allows you to post four pictures at a time, so we had to add these other two the old fashion way.
Posted by Picasa
Carnival cruise lines spares no expense for it's valued passengers. They give you a very nice art piece of the ship as a memento. Suitable for framing and to hang in your living room. We left ours in the library on the ship.
Since we were already in LA and had a day or two to spare, we took a jaunt to Disneyland, where we enjoyed delicious churros and some fun rides in between waiting in churro lines.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

So fun!! I am having Disneyland withdrawls lately...do you get a giant corndog or a giant turkey leg? MMMMMMmmmmmm.....

christina said...

That looks like so much fun. Matthew and I have been thinking about taking a cruise sometime, we'll have to call you and get the rundown.

The mask is so funny...especially since I just watched Nacho Libre for the first time last night. We laughed so hard. :)

LuLuBelle said...

Did you have toast in your room?

Anonymous said...

It's a good thing Matt didn't lose both contacts, ot Kimberly would have "been in charge of everything"

Kent said...

Minion Matt, I miss you man! When you gonna come back and visit me in Utah??

I've been working on getting back into blogging so I checked yours out, I'm jealous of your trip. Next time you need to invite Jamie and I to come along!